There are certain natural bodily functions that happen to make people laugh, get embarrassed, or even annoyed. There is no stopping them from happening so why not have a giggle? Some of them include:
Farting is really the crown jewel of bodily functions. Some people are mortified and want to die if it ever happens in front of others, others have no problem proudly tooting in front of other people.
But how much do you actually know about farts other than the fact that they sound funny, smell funny, and come out of your bum? Here are a few facts about flatulence.
1) According to one study, men fart more than women. This may come as no surprise to a lot of people, especially women who have been in a relationship with a man for awhile.
2) Fart originally meant ‘to forth as wind from the anus.’ The word was apparently coined in 1632.
3) An average human farts around 14 times per day. Let’s be honest though, it is probably more
4) Those 14 farts you do a day, are enough to fill up a balloon. Imagine popping that balloon? Seems like a good prank. Fill balloon with farts, pop balloon in crowded room.
5) Farting is nothing to be embarrassed about! It just means that you are healthy. A digestive tract that is all good healthwise produces farts. If you are not farting at all you may need to visit your doctor.
6) Farts are made up of hydrogen sulfide which reduces mitochondrial damage. Basically this means smelling farts can be healthy, so next time someone farts take a nice deep breath and thank the person for keeping you healthy.
9) If you have a really tight sphincter, you will produce louder farts because they have a smaller tighter area to squeeze out from.
10) Soda and gum make you fart more. So if you know someone that farts a lot you should probably hide all of your soda and gum.
12) The most fart-producing animal may surprise you. It is termites! Followed by camels, then zebras, sheep, cows, elephants, and dogs. Labradors and retrievers are the two breeds that tend to fart the most.